Monday, March 28, 2011

a great twin stroller

We love the Combi!
 Before my twins were born, my husband and I were prepared. We bought all the essentials including an infant car seat and stroller. We looked at double strollers out there but eventually picked Graco. We have a single Graco Metro Lite stroller with our oldest, so we trust Graco. For the longest time I hauled the twins in this when I took my oldest to and from preschool. I had no complaint until I found the Combi on a twin blog. I researched it online, and found a local store who carried it. A few more days of research and I bought it. I loved it!

The Combi stroller folds more compact because it can stand up, but perhaps the thing I love most about it was that it was light. I didn't even think the Graco stroller was heavy, at least until I found the Combi. While folded it can be pulled to roll so you don't need to carry it. It also has a shoulder strap if you want to carry it while folded. I love the fact that the girls sit side by side. I've had to take them with me everywhere, being a stay-at-home mom, and some of the places we've been they didn't respond to very well. They became scared and anxious of their surroundings. In times like this, they actually comforted each other. But it's pretty hard to do when one sits behind the other. With a side-by-side stroller, they never felt alone. Of course that also presented it's own problems. As they got older, they started grabbing each other's sippy cup and snacks.

But perhaps the greatest thing about the Combi is that the two seats recline independently. If one is asleep, I could lay her down. Unlike the Graco where only the back could fully lie down and the front could only recline.

The only 2 things I didn't like about the Combi double stroller is the basket and the canopy. The basket were too small. I was never able to fit a diaper bag in it. I just always hung the handle of the diaper bag on the stroller handle. Only small snacks and small toys can fit. The canopies were also a disappointment. They were too shallow to fully cover my twins from the sun.
Graco - heavy!

No comments: