Sunday, July 17, 2011

non-toxic nail polish for kids

My 4 year old twins have been asking for their nails to be painted lately. Several months ago, after having been in their current preschool for a year, I found out that their teachers have been telling them apart based on their hairstyle. J has always loved two ponytails and K with only one. But the system stopped working when K decided she wanted her hair to be just like J. The preschool teachers said they could tell them apart, but not when their backs are turned.  Fair enough.  But this got me thinking of ways to differentiate my girls more, so I bought a purple and pink nail polish. The problem is, they're not safe, and they stink.

Today I decided to search online and discovered Piggy Paint, a non-toxic, hypoallergenic, water-based nail polish for kids. I ordered several so now all I have to do is wait. I will post my review in the coming weeks.

No comments: