Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jack Carter Pool

(Photo from planotx.org)

This is only our second summer here and I am now only learning of the many pools Plano has to offer. If not for the wonderful mommy groups that I've joined, I wouldn't have known these pools exist.

For $3 each my twins and I enjoyed Jack Carter for a couple of hours. We were there from 10 - 12:30 on a weekday. We were the only few there at 10, but by 11:30 the place was filling up. By the time we left there were no more tables available. The tables were under a canopy and surrounds half of the pool. The playground is enclosed by a metal fence, which makes it great for families with little ones. It makes it possible for some mommies to enjoy conversation with others because you don't need to follow your little ones so closely. You would just want to keep an eye of where they are. But there were 2 lifeguards on duty when we were there.

The restroom facility was a short walk in the same area as the entrance. The restroom looked well kept.

Some kids had their own buckets, cups, little inflatable toys that others just pick up when left laying around. It's important to clearly label everything. If the kiddos have swim shoes, it's best to wear them here. My girls had blisters on their toes after an hour of playing.

There is a big pool beside the kid area, but as I mentioned, there is fence. Overall I loved this pool. I only had my 4-year old twins with me when we went but it is small enough that I want to take the whole family the next time (including my 6-year old and 15-month old sons, and of course hubby). We are mindful of where we take all the kids because the adults being outnumbered, but this is one place we can handle without stress.

I would say Jack Carter pool is appropriate for 0 to about 7 years old. And it is OK to bring strollers in for the little tiny ones.

No comments: